ReThink Disposable is a technical assistance program to help food business operators reduce waste and cut costs by minimizing disposable packaging items. Whether you are a caterer, a mobile food vendor, or run a restaurant, café or institutional kitchen, minimizing the use of disposable food ware products can help you:
- Reduce disposable food service ware costs
- Improve customers’ dining experience
- Prevent litter near your business
- Keep local waterways clean
- Be a greener business and reduce waste
- Lower waste collection service costs
In addition to hands-on support by ReThink Disposable staff for small food business operators that can total between 15 - 25 hours, some businesses may also qualify for up to $300 in rebates toward the purchase of reusable food service ware. Download case studies, watch business video testimonials and access other great resources like the Reusable Foodware Guide and the ReThink Disposable Foodware Transition Calculator.
Requirements for Participation:
- Implement ReThink Disposable Best Management Practices (BMPs) for source reduction--five “Required Practices” and a minimum of four additional “Recommended Practices.”
- Able to provide Information and Implement BMPs within a timely manner—typical time to complete certification is three months.
- Conduct baseline and follow-up inventory to measure packaging and waste reduction and cost savings.