ReThink Disposable is a technical assistance program to help food business operators reduce waste and cut costs by minimizing disposable packaging items. Whether you are a caterer, a mobile food vendor, or run a restaurant, café or institutional kitchen, minimizing the use of disposable food ware products can help you:
- Reduce disposable food service ware costs
- Improve customers’ dining experience
- Prevent litter near your business
- Keep local waterways clean
- Be a greener business and reduce waste
- Lower waste collection service costs
Requirements for Participation:
- Implement ReThink Disposable Best Management Practices (BMPs) for source reduction--five “Required Practices” and a minimum of four additional “Recommended Practices.”
- Able to provide Information and Implement BMPs within a timely manner—typical time to complete certification is three months.
- Conduct baseline and follow-up inventory to measure packaging and waste reduction and cost savings.